Affordances of tools and their action counterparts enhance attentional dynamics as measured by the attentional blink.
Written in English
About the Edition
Under conditions of high attentional demand, such as the processing of two visual targets presented in rapid sequence, normal individuals display particular decrements in processing known as the attentional blink (AB). The aim of the current study was to determine whether action-relations can result in enhanced perception, seen as a reduction in the AB. In a rapid serial visual presentation of pictures of objects, the first target (T1) was always a tool and the second target (T2) either could be acted upon by that tool (ACT trials) or not (NON trials). When participants were required to respond to both T1 and T2, an attentional blink resulted for ACT and NON T2s; importantly, the blink for ACT T2s was significantly diminished compared to that of NON T2s, demonstrating enhanced attentional processing for objects that can be engaged in an action relationship with a tool that has been successfully attended and identified.
|The Physical Object|
|Number of Pages||32|
- Are there any public lands for sale?
- Painting and sculpture
- Prose works
- Africa and Africans in the diaspora
- Weir of Hermiston
- Journey to Data Quality
- Biology, Donald D. Ritchie/Robert Carola, study guide (Addison-Wesley series in life science)
- Chemical looping systems for fossil energy conversions
- Heavenly mathematics
- application of digital computers to guidance and control.
- Price list of lands for sale by Northern Pacific Railway Company
- The best interests of the student
- Poor Job, 1754. An almanack for the year of our Lord 1754.
- Observations, relative chiefly to picturesque beauty, made in the year 1772, on several parts of England
- Irish Whistle Book (Penny & Tin Whistle)
- Rules and orders ... also a list of the trustees.
- Sisters:Though friends may come and go, a sister is with you forever.
- Authorization of appropriations for the U.S. International Trade Commission and U.S. Customs Service for fiscal year 1980
- Molieres comedies.
- Photographic views of Warwickshire.